General Information on our Recruitment Process
Receipt of Application:
Receipt of Application: Generally applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Unit, Health & Safety Authority, The Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street, Dublin 1.
Please indicate the full title of the post and the reference number. Applications sent by post must be posted in sufficient time to ensure delivery by the closing date for receipt.
Acceptance of Application:
The acceptance of an application from a person, or the requesting of a candidate to attend for interview or any other test, is not to be regarded as an admission that such person possesses the prescribed qualifications.
Change of Address:
Any change of applicant's address should be notified immediately in writing to the Human Resources Unit at the above address.
Any attempt by candidates themselves, or by any person(s) acting at their instigation, directly or indirectly, by means of written communication or otherwise, to canvas or otherwise influence in the candidate's favour any officer of the Authority, will automatically disqualify the candidates for the position(s) they are seeking.
- In the event of a large number of applications the Authority may shortlist on the basis of information provided in the application. It is thus essential that candidates provide full details of qualifications and work experience in their curriculum vitae.
- Notification to attend interview will normally issue one week in advance. Candidates will be required to attend same at their own expense. It is not possible to alter the allocated interview date or time.
- Candidates who do not attend interview, when and where required will have no claim for further consideration.
- Candidates must produce satisfactory documentary evidence of all qualifications claimed by them if required. Any credit given to a candidate at interview in respect of such claims is provisional, and liable to revision if the necessary supporting documents are not furnished as requested.
- Any candidate who supplies false or misleading information in their application may be disqualified.
- We will endeavour to keep candidates informed of the progress of their application at the earliest possible date.
Offer of Appointment:
Before any offer of appointment is made:
- Satisfactory references must be obtained. You will be asked to provide details of two referees at interview stage.
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment medical examination by a qualified practitioner nominated by the Authority.
- For certain posts (e.g. Inspector), clearance by the Garda Síochána may be required.
General applications for job vacancies should be submitted to:
Human Resources Unit,
Health and Safety Authority,
The Metropolitan Building,
James Joyce Street,