A high proportion of vehicle incidents involve people who have no direct control over the vehicle such as pedestrians.
- Remember that you are not always visible to drivers.
- Always stick to designated walkways and crossing points.
- Do not enter “No Pedestrians” zones.
- Do not walk beside a moving vehicle.
- Do not approach a moving vehicle. Wait until the driver acknowledges your presence.
- Never walk behind a reversing vehicle. Remember vehicles can have blind spots.
- Remember that different vehicles have different stopping distances. Respect them.
- Wear High Visibility clothing when working in the vicinity of workplace transport.
and print your copy of our Pedestrian Safety Tips (pdf, 154.67 KB) and High Visibility Clothing (pdf, 85.37 KB) Posters.