Fatal Accident Statistics
Check current fatal accident statistics for the sector.
Fatal accident statistics 2011-2020
Between 2011 and 2020 there were:
- 29 fatal incidents involving 39 deaths.
- All victims were male.
- Most victims died of drowning (87%). Others inhaled toxic gases in a fish tank on board a vessel (5%), were struck by falling (3%) or flying (3%) objects or were crushed by a net of fish (3%).
- The most common cause of deaths was the capsizing of vessels (38%), followed by the falling of individuals overboard (28%).
- The average age of victims was 46 years.
- The highest number of deaths occurred in January (21%) and June (21%). The highest number of incidents that led to deaths occurred in June (21%).
Submission completed, thank you!